In today’s time all websites either personal, social or business aims at improving their conversion rate. What they want is to get more and more targeted traffic. For this, some go for better SERPs while others like to just know if they are receiving heavy traffic on their site. Nevertheless, the ultimate goal of everyone indulged in online marketing is just financial success.
So how these peoples achieve their goal? The answer is some people think that a better Google Ranking may help them to achieve their goal while others think that better Alexa Rank might help them as well.
So lets discuss that actually what is Alexa and Alexa Ranking?
What is Alexa?
What is Alexa Rank?
This is the common ground or ranking system set by Alexa which assigns a rank (simply a number) to each website based on its popularity over the internet. According to Alexa, lower is the number / rank, higher is the popularity of that website.
This is a ranking system set by alexa.com (a subsidiary of amazon.com) that basically audits and makes public the frequency of visits on various Web sites. The algorithm according to which Alexa traffic ranking is calculated, is simple. It is based on the amount of traffic recorded from users that have the Alexa toolbar installed over a period of three months.
How Alexa Rank is Calculated ?
Alexa Rank is calculated basis on traffic, contents and popularity of your website.
Site’s traffic is based on parameters like Reach and Page Views. Reach refers to no. of unique Alexa Users who visit a particular websites in a day. Alexa Users are those users who have installed Alexa Toolbar in their browser.
Page Views refers the number of times a particular page of a website is viewed by Alexa Users. It is worth to note that multiple visits by a alexa user to webpage is considered as a single visit by Alexa.
Alexa also takes into consideration the quality & quantity of contents on your website as well as popularity of your website. Here popularity means how many other sites which are ranked in Alexa, have back-links to your website.
The final Alexa Rank is obtained by calculating the geometric mean of individual ranks from reach, pageviews, contents quality and popularity.
How to Get Alexa Rank for your website
If your site is not ranked by Alexa . The all you have to do is just sign up for a Free Account on Alexa. Then submit your site to Alexa and Install Alexa Toolbar on your browser.
And that’s all, your site will be ranked by Alexa within a few days.
The Alexa Rank for your site must be as low as possible. Lower the ranks, better it is. Generally it is said that if your site has Alexa Rank below 1,00,000. It indicates that your site is receiving a heavy traffic. But the information may be inaccurate most of the times.
How to Improve Your Alexa Rank
If you want to improve alexa rank of your website, then please go through the below steps.
- Install Alexa Toolbar on your browser and then browse to your website. Also encourage others to do the same.
- Write unique and quality content. Make regular updates to your sites. Share your contents and site on social media sites. It would help you get more tech-savvy people to your website who may have installed Alexa Toolbar.
- Use Alexa Widget on your web site. It would help you in two ways. First it would show off your Alexa Rank, secondly it would help increase clicks on your website.
- Write articles promoting Alexa on your website. It really help to improve your Alexa Rank.
- Publicize your articles on social media sites.
- Try to get better ranking on google for your website on Alexa related keywords.
- Ask your friends to install Alexa Toolbar and then to regularly visit your website.
- Use Alexa redirect. It means place http://redirect.alexa.com/redirect? Before your Web site’s URL. It would help Alexa to notice clicks from redirected links even if the visitors have not installed Alexa Toolbar.
- Actively participate in online forums specially webmaster or SEO related and then include your sites URL in your signature. It would help you get more backlinks as well as more Alexa Users visited to your website. It is due to the fact that webmasters have greater probability of having installed Alexa Toolbar.
Now we know a lot about Alexa & Alexa Rank. It gives us a basic idea about the traffic and popularity of a particular websites. But information provided by Alexa may be inaccurate sometimes. However as Alexa Rank is based on traffic received by a website, hence it would greatly support for your website monetization strategy.